OKC Pride Week 2012 Event Rules & Guidelines
Basic Rules for Participants in Festival and Parade:
1. All persons wearing OKC Pride Staff T-shirts are considered OKC Pride Officials. OKC Pride officials will enforce the rules, including but not limited to noise and safety issues.
2. All state and local laws apply, including no masks.
3. No obscene gestures, language, or acts will be tolerated.
4. Do not engage in hostile verbal exchanges. It is best to smile and be kind. If someone becomes harassing or threatening, Event Security or Oklahoma City Police will be near. Simply call for one or the other.
5. Dispose of all trash in the proper place.
6. No glass bottles are allowed on the Festival grounds or in Parade entries.
OKC Pride, Inc. reserves the exclusive right to use of its logo, name, marks, symbols, and other intellectual property. Any use of these without express written consent is a violation of these rules and will result in expulsion from the event.
REFUND / CANCELATION POLICY
The Festival and Parade will be held rain or shine. Once paid, fees will not be refunded unless the event is cancelled by OKC Pride, Inc.
Basic Rules for Vendors & Exhibitors at Festival, Rodeo, Parade:
1. Festival hours are 11am – 10pm Saturday, May 19, 2020. Load-in may begin at 9am. Load-out must be completed by 11pm, to allow for tear-down and clean-up.
2. Food and Commercial vendors are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary city, county, & state permits.
3. OKC Pride cannot guarantee the availability of electricity and water connections. Vendors should plan accordingly.
4. The Festival & Rodeo are family-friendly events and all displays must be in good taste. No offensive materials, please.
5. OKC Pride cannot supply electric or water.
OKC Pride Festival:
Approved applicants will get a 10×10 booth space. Booth space will either be under a large tent or will include a separate 10×10 canopy. Because space is limited, registered Festival booth spaces will only be held until 10am on Saturday, May 19, 2012.
Great Plains Rodeo:
The vendor area will be in Barn 7 at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds. Rodeo will be held May 26 & 27, 2012 in barns 6 & 7. Set-up time begins at 8am each morning, starting Friday, May 25. For more info: visit www.ogra.net; email email@example.com, or call Ernest Atchison, Vendor Coordinator, 405-921-4955.
Basic Rules for Parade Entrants & Participants:
1. Each Parade entrant must register and be approved to participate in the parade. All parade entrants will be issued a badge or placard as proof of eligibility to be in the parade. Jumping in from the side lines will not be allowed and those that try will be escorted by security out of the parade. Registered Parade Entrants are expected to help enforce this provision, to maintain order and safety.
2. Every vehicle and float must have a fire extinguisher available for inspection by OKC Pride officials. Vehicles must have a seat or grip for passenger safety to prevent falls and must maintain a safe speed and distance from other parade participants.
3. The person submitting your group’s registration application must attend a parade orientation or your group will not be allowed to participate.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PARADE PARTICIPANTS
A special point of emphasis in the parade this year will be the enforcement of the City’s prohibition against throwing candy from vehicles of parade participants. This has caused us problems in the past. There is a city ordinance against this and we have asked law enforcement and parade marshals to be particularly vigilant in enforcing this law. Throwing candy from vehicles will simply not be tolerated this year and will jeopardize your organization’s participation in future parades. The proper procedure is to have someone in your organization to walk along and hand out candy rather than throwing it. This is an important safety issue!
PARADE CONTINGENT CONTRACT
The applicant understands that the OKC Pride, Inc. has legal possession and control of the OKC Pride Parade on Sunday, May 20, 2012, pursuant to our agreement with the City of Oklahoma City. The applicant further understands that OKC Pride, Inc. retains the right to terminate the applicant’s participation if, in the sole determination of OKC Pride, Inc., (1) the applicant is found to have falsified any of the statements contained in this application; (2) the applicant is found to have changed or added to the description of the contingent’s activities in this Application without prior written approval; (3) the applicant creates a nuisance to OKC Pride, Inc., its licensees, its staff or volunteers, and/or its guests; or (4) the applicant’s activities in the parade interfere in any way with the orderly, safe, and successful conduct of the OKC Pride Parade.
The applicant agrees participation in OKC Pride Parade is voluntary and the applicant will hold harmless OKC Pride, Inc. of all liabilities.
This contract also affirms the individual, organization, agency, or business named does not discriminate in hiring, employment, participation or services rendered based on the fact or perception of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or HIV status.
Signing the application also affirms the applicant is not sponsored by any third-party organization or business. Any waiver of the aforementioned is at the sole discretion of OKC Pride, Inc. and can only be effected by the express written consent of OKC Pride, Inc.
By signing, I affirm I have read and clearly understand the information contained in this application and the responsibilities accorded to me as a participating contingent in the OKC Pride Parade. I understand that fees, once paid, will NOT be refunded except if the event is cancelled by OKC Pride, Inc.
By signing I hereby declare all information provided herein is true, correct, and complete. I am over the age of 18. I confirm I understand and accept all terms and conditions in this contract.